Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Consumer Transactions
If you are purchasing as a consumer, nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty and mis described goods provided. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
1. This order and any allowance in respect of a used motor vehicle offered in part exchange by you is subject to acceptance by us.
2. The motor vehicle is sold as roadworthy, or subject to any defects notified by us to you and accepted by you, at the date of delivery and if any fault occurs you have the right to rely on your statutory rights. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or otherwise , please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
3. Any accessories fitted or supplied by us (Dealer Fitted) will be entitled to the benefit of any warranty given by the manufacturer of those accessories.
4. a) We will try to ensure delivery of the goods ("goods" in these Terms and Conditions is defined as our sales to you) by the estimated delivery date (if any) but cannot guarantee the delivery date. Except where delay is caused by circumstances beyond our control you will be entitled to cancel the contract and receive payment of your deposit if delivery has not taken place within 28 crays of the estimated delivery date unless you 'have agreed otherwise, orally or in writing to accept late delivery. Where delay is caused by circumstances beyond our control we will not be liable for any damages related to the delay and in these circumstances we will contact you and agree an alternative date for delivery or you may cancel the contract, in which case any deposit paid by you shall be returned in full.
b) If the Manufacturer of the goods described in the contract stops making goods of that type, we may (whether the estimated delivery date as arrived or not) give you written notice to cancel the contract. Any deposit you have paid to us will be returned to you.
5. If you fail to take and pay for the goods within 21 days of notification that the goods are available for delivery, we may treat the contract as cancelled and keep any deposit paid by you.
6. The goods shall remain our property until the price has been paid, by receipt of cleared funds, in full. The proceeds of any goods re-sold by you prior to the receipt of cleared funds are to be held by you in trust for us. The risk in the goods passes to you when you take delivery.
7. If the goods to be supplied by us are new, the following provisions shall have effect:
a) We undertake to ensure that the pre-delivery work (factory fitted) specified by the Manufacturer or Importer is carried out and that we will use our best endeavours to obtain for you from the Manufacturer or Importer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by them to us. These warranties or guarantees are in addition to and not in replacement of any warranties or guarantees given to you by us.
b) No allowance can be made for any part of the standard equipment supplied with the motor vehicle which you do not wish to take.
c) If, after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to you, the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for any of the goods is changed , we shall give notice of any change to you and:(i) If the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for the goods is increased you will be notified of the amount of the increase we intend to pass on to you. You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt of this notification. If you do not cancel the contract the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price;
(ii) If the recommended price is reduced you will be notified of the amount of the reduction we intend to pass on to you. If the amount passed on to you is not the same as the reduction of the recommended price you have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of this notification. If you do not cancel the contract the reduced price will be the contract.
d) If you cancel the contract because of a price change notified by us to you, any deposit which you have paid to us will be returned to you.
8. When we accept a used motor vehicle as part payment you agree that
a) (i) you are the legal owner and
(ii) no outstanding credit is owed on it. If there is an outstanding credit the amount of money we give you will be reduced by the equivalent of the amount of the outstanding credit.
b) Our acceptance of your offer in relation to the part payment is only valid if your used motor vehicle is delivered in the same condition as when we examined it.
c) You must deliver your used motor vehicle to s on or before the day you collect your goods from us. From the day you deliver it to us we are the legal owners.
d) We will write to you and tell you that your goods are ready for collection. You must deliver your used motor vehicle to us within 14 days.
e) The rights of cancellation set you in this clause are in addition to your rights of cancellation as contained in clause 4a). If delivery of your goods is delayed through no fault of ours we may deduct an amount for Extra Depreciation of your used motor vehicle ("the Extra Depreciation"). The Extra Depreciation will not exceed 2.5% of the agreed value of your used motor vehicle for each complete 30 day period. The time begins 30 days after the estimated delivery date and ends on delivery of your used motor vehicle to us. We will notify you of the amount of Extra Depreciation that we propose to deduct from the value of your used motor vehicle (if any). You will then have the right to cancel the contact within 14 days of receipt of this notification. If you cancel the contract, any deposit you have paid to us will be returned to you. If you do not cancel the contract, the value of your used motor vehicle will be reduced by the amount of Extra Depreciation and there will be a corresponding increase in the amount which you will be required to pay, at your option, in cash or through finance (subject to the approval of the finance company).
If conditions 8a) to d) are not met, we will not accept your used motor vehicle and you will pay the full price for your goods.
9. Any correspondence to you will be sent by normal post rather than registered delivery, to the address you have given overleaf.
10. If you arrange for a finance company to purchase the goods from us, and if you have offered and we have accepted your used motor vehicle as part-payment, we shall tell the finance company how much money has been agreed by us to be deducted from the price of the purchased goods for the used vehicle and what deposit you have paid to us.
11. Should either you or we not strictly enforce any obligation under the agreement at any time, this will not prevent that obligation being enforceable at a later date.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Aftersales
Trading Name: GRIFFIN MILL GARAGES LTD, UPPER BOAT, PONTYPRIDD, MID GLAMORGAN, CF37 5YE (Hereafter referred to as ‘The Company’)
Care of Customers Property: We will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of customer’s vehicles whilst in our custody but no liability for the safety of personable items of property left in the vehicle and not notified to us beforehand. Customers should therefore ensure all valuables are removed from the vehicle prior to handing the keys to the care of The Company.
Exchange Units: In the event of a factory reconditioned unit being fitted, a surcharge may be made pending examination by the manufacturer to confirm the unit is, in their opinion, fit for reconditioning within their exchange scheme. If the unit is accepted for reconditioning and the manufacturer’s credit note is received the surcharge will be cancelled.
Lien: It is a condition of every order or instruction accepted by the Company, that the Company shall hold a general lien upon all goods, vehicles or parts of vehicles handed to the Company with instructions from the Customer or any person in the employ of the Customer or authorised by said Customer until all monies due to the Company by the Customer shall be paid.
Damaged Parts: On receipt of goods it is the Customers responsibility to check for damage before the driver departs. Your signature confirms receipt of goods in a suitable condition and claims thereafter cannot be processed.
Parts Deliveries: Griffin Mill have a free delivery service for ALL parts orders regardless of value however, we are unable to guarantee the delivery of orders under the value of £10.00 as they will be delivered when we are in the area. Please note also that we try to provide an approximate delivery time however we make no promises to an exact time of the day a delivery will arrive only that it will be that day.
Parts Returns: Parts from stock are able to be returned provided: 1) the parts department are contacted and authorisation is given by Management for return. 2) Parts are in original packaging (Intact). 3) Requests are made within 5 working days of collection/delivery. Electronic parts either stocked or special order, are NOT returnable (Sensors, Com units, brake switches etc) any part that has been specially ordered in from the Manufacturer will NOT be accepted for return. In the cases we are able to accept a part for return there will be a handling charge of 25% of the purchase price.
Parts Ordered to Code: Any parts ordered by code number or Chassis number i.e., Keys, Lock sets, Locking wheel nut keys, radios, CD changers, radio codes etc are non refundable but also the Company cannot guarantee these parts due to outside factors such as lock sets being changed, non standard audio equipment being fitted etc as these parts/codes are ordered against the original vehicle specification.
Payment: Unless the Customer has a credit account authorised by the Company, the terms are cash in full upon completion of the order. Payment for the said authorised credit accounts is due on the 28th day of the month following the date of delivery of the goods. The Company strictly enforces this rule, and retains the right to charge 2% per month interest on accounts not settled by the due date, as from the delivery of goods.
Repairs: If any materials or vehicles received by the Company from the customer for repair or any other reason or not removed within seven days of the Company’s request to do remove same, the Company may thenceforth charge for storage and may at any time thereafter sell the materials or vehicles and retain all unpaid charges for repairing, storage and expenses out of the proceeds, the balance being paid to the owner. Any defective parts removed during repair not fit for further service and not collected within seven days by the Customer after dispatch of the Company’s invoice, will be consigned to scrap and disposed of, and the Company will not be called upon to make any payment to the Customer in respect thereof. (If parts are to be retained, prior instruction must be given to the Company before starting any work)
Title: Title to the goods (including parts and materials) supplied by the Company shall remain with the Company until the goods have been paid for in full. Payment by cheque shall not be treated as payment in full until the same has been cleared.
Warranty: All parts and workmanship sold through the Company carry a 12 months warranty (Unless otherwise stated). This Warranty is valid provided:
1) The part is used in the manner it was manufactured for. 2) Proof of the original purchase is kept and produced. 3) The mileage of the vehicle when part was fitted is recorded. 4) The defective part is brought to Griffin Mill Garages; ON the vehicle for diagnosis (booking may be required)
(Customer condemnation of a part will not be accepted.)
(If the part has failed as a result of manufacturing defect, a new part will be fitted Free of Charge. If however on inspection the part is not defective or is found to have failed as a result of improper fitment, use or failure of another part, a charge will be made to cover our Diagnosis/fitment time).
Fiat Parts warranty is different from the other four brands. It is required that a replacement part be purchased, the defective part is returned to us with proof of purchase and full explanation of the fault. We then return the part to Fiat for examination then when we receive a credit note we then credit you for the LATEST invoice.
The Companies decision on all cases of claim under the above guarantee shall be final and conclusive and the Customer shall accept its decision on all questions arising hereafter.
The above guarantee is in addition to the Customer’s statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, and the customer can expect that:
(a) Goods (including parts and materials) will be of merchantable quality and reasonably fit for their purpose; and
(b) Services will be carried out with reasonable care and skill